My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

May 5, 2009

Taking It Back

I woke up this morning with a song on my heart. It was a song that my choir used to sing. The chorus says, “I went to the enemy’s camp and I took back what he stole from me. Ain’t no devil in Hell gonna walk all over me.” The song resonated with me because I have been thinking about my weight. I heard a celebrity mention on an interview, that she before she took control of her weight, she was killing herself. We have to take control of our lives. Part of being in control is being healthy.

Then I was reminded that we wouldn’t allow someone to come into our homes and steal from us. Right? So why would we allow the enemy to come into our lives and steal what is not his. He can’t take our joy or anything else unless we allow him to. Yes, we will have sorrow and suffering but how we handle those situations is up to us and what is instilled in us. We have to remind ourselves to push forward, to get up when we don’t want to and to praise HIM regardless of the circumstance.

Food is my addiction. It is my comfort when I’m down, or when I’m bored or just because. I’m taking my life back. Holding on to my joy! Ain’t no devil in hell gonna steal my joy or my life. I am claiming it now and pushing forward. Anybody else coming with me??

ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Isaiah 51:3 NIV
….Joy and gladness will be found in her, thanksgiving and the sound of singing.

No comments:

Post a Comment