My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

May 26, 2009

Being a MOM!!! - Happy Mother's Day!!

It’s not easy being a mom. It’s a whole lot of work. Mom’s do a whole lot! We generally wash the clothes, prepare the menu, buy the groceries, put them up, wash the dishes or put them in the dishwasher and put them up. We clean, dust, vacuum, clean up the house. Wake up the kids, make sure they bathe, brush their teeth, comb their hair, pack their book bags, put them by the door, have all homework done, first check the homework, and then make sure it’s packed. Fill out permission slips, review papers in the book bags, send in the field trip money, volunteer for school activities, attend the school functions, extracurricular activities, sign them up for the activities, take them to the activities and make sure they have the proper clothes to wear to the activities. Don’t forget the juice, snacks, water, towels etc if it is a sport. We listen to their stories, watch them perform for us; listen to them read to us and all while our favorite TV show is on. (Better TIVO it). Don’t forget discipline them. Most importantly love them. Take them to church. Worship with them. Look them in the eyes when they talk to us. Hug on them, love on them, kiss their boo- boos and make the scary shadows go away.

As they get older, we teach them how to drive, teach them about the birds and the bees, the flowers and the trees. In my case, teach them about their cycle, and boys and what boys will say and try and do BEFORE they are ready. We teach them how to cook, clean, sort and wash the clothes. We teach them how to drive, check the oil and tires, balance a checkbook, pay the bills, and sew a button. We show them how to be respectful and considerate of others. We teach them how to come home by curfew and call if they are going to be late.

We pray with them. We nurture them. They are so precious. They grow up so fast. It’s all worth it. Every single second of it. I am so blessed to have beautiful healthy intelligent girls. I have a mother that supports me and has taught me everything know. I was blessed with incredible grandmothers, aunts and "other mothers" as well. I am blessed! 

Thank God for my life and all that I have to do. Hallelujah! Always Push Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment