My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

May 26, 2009

Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden......

As per normal, before I open my eyes, I tell the Lord thank you for another day. Today was slightly different. After making that statement heard a voice saying BUT! But what? Not again. Today was one of those days. I was having a pity party. I didn’t want to get up and face the world. I get these days sometimes. Times when I think about all of the things that I have to do and deal with and a little voice tells me it would be easier just to stay in bed. That’s when I have to tell myself, “I will not be depressed!” You know we have to talk to ourselves sometimes. The power of life and death is in the tongue. That applies when we speak things over the lives of others as well as ourselves. I repeat that statement to myself until I get out of the funk, the fog, the mist and get up. Sometimes it’s a fight; an inner war. Part of me hearing “Stay in bed!!!” while part of me is hearing “Push Forward!!” My pastor always says, “When you woke up this morning you had a choice. God was pulling for you and Satan was pulling against you. It is up to you to make the right choice!” God gives us free will to make the choices in our lives. We have to fight our flesh daily and keep the faith in order to win!

We are discussing faith in our bible study. We learned that God does not tempt us but he will test our faith. I asked the question why? Why is that, since HE already knows the outcome? I was told that God knows how we are going to respond to a test, but HE wants us to learn how we are going to respond. Testing of our faith develops perseverance. We are building endurance for the next trial.

Matthew 11:28 says “Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest." Not the rest that the enemy wants us to take. The enemy wants us to lie down and wallow. He wants us to stay in that stagnant place and grow no more. Our Savior says, rest. His rest is of peace. Lay your cares on me. When you are at the edge of the cliff, jump and give God your everything, your all. Surrender and feel the joy and ecstasy when he catches you and all is given to him. In Him there is complete rest!

Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. said, “Take the first step, you don’t have to see the whole staircase, take the first step.”

Come on, let’s take the first step. Turn that morning mantra into I am a conqueror. I can do All things through Christ that strengthens me. I have the faith to leap, jump, and push.
As always… Pushing Forward.

No comments:

Post a Comment