My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

May 18, 2009

Weebles Wobble.... I'm Still Standing!!

There is a Nationwide Insurance commercial that says “Life comes at you fast!” It does. Things hit you when you least expect them. You are going along, some of us at a leisurely pace, some of us racing and some of us unaware of our pace at all. Then it hits you! Life hits you. It tries to knock you down. Things seem to happen all at once. The trickle down affect as some may call it. You lose your job, use your savings, lose your car, then your home. The car breaks down, the pipes burst, and the ceiling starts to leak. You lose a loved one. Your world seems to spin and then come to a sudden stop causing you to wobble. You lose your balance. You seem to lose your way. You may even panic. You ask yourself the same fated question that many of us have asked, “What am I going to do now?”

Yes, I know it’s hard. Difficult to move on. Difficult to pick yourself up. It would be easier to simply climb in bed and pull the covers over your head and sleep. Imagine that nothing is going on. Some may think, if I sleep and pretend like nothing’s happening, it will all go away. Just as some little children think that when they close their eyes, they are invisible, we know this is not the solution.

My brothers and sisters, we all know that, that is a trick of the enemy. That sneaky mindset of depression, luring us into quietness. I am no expert, nor am I qualified to diagnose, but I have been there. Many years ago, I found myself in that state but didn’t know it. Didn’t understand why I wanted to sleep and eat and pretend that nothing else was going on. I figured that it would all just go away soon.

Praise God for God!! He said, “No, my child! You HAVE to get up. You have work to do. I will not allow you to wallow in your own self-pity.” And so he was gentle with me. He coaxed me out of bed. He showed me all of the wonderful things in my life. He also reminded me of the major storms that others in my life had survived. My pregnant friend rolled her car. She was thrown 25 feet through the windshield. She and the baby survived with only minor scratches. Her baby is now a little miracle attending school. Another friend walked down the aisle and married the love of her life, knowing that cancer had taken over her body and she only had a matter of months to live. Although she passed away, she went on to be with the Lord stating that she was happy and indeed ready. She did survive.

So yes people, life comes at you hard sometimes. Today has been one of those days. One of those days that I had to remind myself that although life may cause us to stumble, “Weebles wobble but they don’t fall down. “ (A weeble is a Hasbro Toy)

The next time you get knocked over, know that it’s temporary. You may stumble or falter, but push forward and stand back up; taller and stronger than ever!!
I’m Pushing Forward. I’m STILL STANDING!!

Joshua 1:9 NIV
Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

1 comment:

  1. I love this, Gigi. So encouraging and uplifting. Times are so hard right now. People really need to hear this and let it get down in their spirit!
    ~Erin

    ReplyDelete