My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

May 20, 2009

Progress Report!! He who has begun a good work....


Progress Report!

My 12 year old brought her progress report home yesterday. I should have known something was wrong because she wasn’t excited about giving it to me. You see, before starting Middle School, she was an A-B student. Peer pressure, changes in class size and class load has taken a toll on her. Never would I have imagined that she would have such a problem making the transition. She is also trying to fit in. She is very petite so she feels like she has to appear to be tough and not AS SMART, so that she can fit in. This has been an issue all year.

I must admit, I didn’t handle the situation very well. I was SO very upset with her. I couldn’t believe that she’d received 95’s and 100’s on her tests and class work but received 2 D’s on her progress report because she hadn’t turned in her homework. It is obvious to me that she more than understands what is going on because of her grades without having to do her homework. She’d been telling me that she was turning it in. Somehow the work was not getting to the classroom from our home. Hmmmmm??

She is a brilliant child. She was always placed in the advanced classes and was 4 points away from a perfect score on her EOG (End of Grade ) test in the 3rd grade. Now she is in the 6th grade and making poor grades!! (I had to vent for a minute). As, I was saying…..I didn’t handle it well. I yelled and fussed and fussed and fussed.
Then it hit me. Calm down and talk to her. I began to calmly explain to her how smart she is. How beautiful she is. How talented and gifted she is. How awesome she is and how very proud of her I am. I reminded her that not only is she my child, she is God’s child. He has a plan for her life. He expects the best from her as do I. I told her that I refuse to give up on her. I am not going to sit back and allow her to give up or fail. I may be hard on her but I love her unconditionally. This is a phase that she will get through.

I was reminded that when God begins a work in you, He is going to continue that work until you have become the person that He knows that you are to be. He is going to continue to lead and guide you until your purpose is fulfilled. He is our Father and we are his children. As I reminded her of this, her defenses came down. She knows who her FATHER is. She knows that she has to continue to walk into her blessing. As I always say, distractions are the enemy’s way of trying to steer us off track. He wanted her to follow a path other than what has been predestined for her.

She’s back on track today. I have been in contact with her teachers. Today was a good day. She still didn’t have her glasses on, but that’s a different story for a different day!!
Push forward my friends! ALWAYS in ALL THINGS… Push Forward.

Philippians 1:6 NKJ
being confident of this very thing, that He who has begun a good work in you will complete it until the day of Jesus Christ;



No comments:

Post a Comment