My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

May 31, 2009

I'm Bored!

Yesterday, I heard this statement one too many times from my tweens! "I'm bored!"...can we...? "I'm bored!" I told them not to utter this statement any more or I would find plenty of housework to help them occupy their time. In fact, they ended up doing one of those thorough room cleanings. You know the one. The one when you pull out the dressers, and beds so you can see if there are any loose papers or etc hiding behind or beneath them! Yeah...one of those cleanings. LOL


I thought back to Saturday afternoon at age 10-12. We had 3 TV stations, if I remember correctly. I can't recall if Lawrence Welk came on on Saturday Afternoon or Sunday but I do remember watching National Geographic & Hee Haw! I think cable came in the next year or so. That was magic to us. Let's not forget getting HBO and the TV not going off at midnight with a picture of the flag and the American anthem playing.


We had to entertain ourselves. Yes, things were a little bit simpler then. We could go down the street to so and so's house without worrying about someone kidnapping us. We could play outside as long as we came back in before the street lights came on. I still had to ask permission to go inside a friend's house but other than that we could play in each other's yards and go from house to house as long as we were within yelling distance. We played 2 & 4 square, mother may I, 1-2-3-red light and other outside games. Playing with each other was fun. Lasting relationships were built that exist to this day because of the actual time spent together.


(Picture of my brother and me in our driveway)

Today we are caught up in our electronics. We love our i-phones, blackberrys, instincts and other cellular devices. We text each other in the same house to relay messages. We come home and split up to our respective TV's or computers. Electronics are the new pacifiers. They keep us distracted almost to a mindless degree if taken to the extreme. Let's not forget x-box, playstation and Wii.


I told my tweens that they had the following options. They could clean, then read or go to bed. Simple! With all of this done, there would be no time to be bored. By the time they finished cleaning, they were ready to go to bed. In fact, the went with no prompting.


Today is a new day. It was a full day. I heard nothing about being being bored. Not once and they are actually asleep! No prodding or pushing.


Thank the Lord. He heard my cry! One more day of pushing forward. One more day of laughter and love. One more day of beautiful abundant life even if I'm not where I want to be. I'm continuing to strive in God's way..........and most of all, I'm not bored!


Proverbs 14:14 GWD
A heart that turns [from God] becomes bored with its own ways, but a good person is satisfied with God's ways.





No comments:

Post a Comment