My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

May 25, 2009

In the Presence....


Church service was incredible as usual. I attend a church that believes in worship and we have a phenomenal music ministry! Our choir began rehearsing twice a week in preparation for the Congressional Black Caucus in 2004 and we haven’t stopped since. We are now a family of brothers and sisters in Christ of at least 30 + members every Sunday. 90% of the choir can lead a song. Most importantly, we are on one accord. We all believe that music is a ministry and not a performance.

For the third year in a row, we have hosted members of the Theater of the American South. People come to our worship service before going to the plays. This is held three Sundays in a row, so we sing more than usual. Doing 3-4 songs in a row at intervals; therefore we usually end up singing 10 songs in addition to the regular hymns, responses and praise and worship. Yesterday was especially moving for me. I was praising in advance for the healing of my daughter that was having flu like symptoms to include a fever of 102. She lives in an area where the Swine Flu has been diagnosed and I was claiming the healing for her! I asked others to pray and we did collectively. One of my favorite leaders, Tennille Mitchell sang “For Every Mountain” which states “For Every Mountain, you’ve brought me over.. For every trial, you’ve seen me through..For Every Blessing, Hallelujah, For this I give you Praise! “ (click link to listen…. ) http://blip.fm/~7166n Now, who hasn’t had a mountain that they had to defeat!! What an awesome time! What a glorious time. To be IN HIS PRESENCE was incredible.

I later drove on to my hometown to participate in program for my cousin and former chorus teacher’s 40th class reunion. I was blessed to be IN THE PRESENCE of some magnificent women. What was especially glorious was that one was 90 (Momma Rose-Rosa Robinson) and one was 93 (Momma T-Ernestine Smith). Both were of sharp mind and wit. Both were physically strong. Both were glowing!! I was in awe of their fortitude; their desire to push forward no matter what.

Momma Rose reminded me that she graduated from High School 73 years ago and has 13 grandchildren and I believe she said 26 great-grandchildren. After being given a surprise party on her birthday, she told her daughter, Gussie that she shouldn’t be surprising her like that, after all she’s 90. (LOL)

Momma T modeled and pranced around on the dance floor, even after singing in an alumni service earlier in the day. After watching a Motown performance that I did with her daughter Sharon, she said how proud she was to look up there and see her daughter, granddaughter and cousin (that’s me). (HER VIDEO IS BELOW THIS ENTRY.. she has on the orange)
I can’t attest as to why these women are so vibrant and active. I don’t know what they have personally endured. I do know that their faith is strong. They believe with their whole hearts. They are surrounded and loved by many and have touched countless lives. They are adored. They are loved.


The major blessing in all of this is that I felt HIS PRESENCE, while in THE PRESENCE of these women. These matriarchs! Not to mention, that I got to see MY MOMMA too and when I called my daughter, her fever was gone! Hallelujah!

All reasons for me to Push Forward, no matter what the circumstance, not matter what the test. Look at what these women have endured! We too can make it! PUSH FORWARD and always give praise!

Deuteronomy 12:7 NIV
There, IN THE PRESENCE of the LORD your God, you and your families shall eat and shall rejoice in everything you have put your hand to, because the LORD your God has blessed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment