My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Oct 4, 2009

Things to Do! Did HE have to save us??


We ALL have things we want to do, have to do, need to do, and refuse to do!

I was taught to write all the things that you have to do on a list and prioritize them. Oh the fulfillment of checking things off of the list as they are completed; then the realization that you need to add more. When does it ever end?

It’s part of life though. Things to do! When we WANT to do something, we MAKE time to do it. When we HAVE to do something, we push forward to do it but it may not always be with vigor! When we NEED to do something, it is with urgency even if what we NEED to do, we don’t WANT to do. Then there are the things that we REFUSE to do.

Now suppose what you WANT to do is something that you KNOW that you should not do! The choice between right & wrong….hmmmm
It is the sin in us as stated in the following passage:

Romans 7:15-20 says “I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature, for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.” Confused? Let’s move on!

Jesus is without sin. He did not struggle with the sin that we have to deal with. He was sent here on a mission with priorities as assigned by the Father. John 3:16 says, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” He came so that we would have life. He died for us! Now that is something to do, isn’t it!

Even HE, in his flesh, prayed that there could be another way. Matthew 26:39 says “And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.” The commentary explains it as such: He prayed that, if possible, the cup might pass from him. But he also showed his perfect readiness to bear the load of his sufferings; he was willing to submit to all for our redemption and salvation.

Would you consider what HE did a “had to” or a “need to”? That’s something for you to think about! I’m just glad he didn’t REFUSE to! Aren't you glad about it!

Pushing Forward, Always!
Gigi

No comments:

Post a Comment