My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Oct 14, 2009

Peace! Be Still


I was in Guam many, many years ago singing as a part of the Department of Defense Tours. Guam is only 4 miles wide/ 12 miles at its widest and 30 miles long. I remember standing outside basking in the sunshine and all of a sudden out of nowhere; a torrent of rain came up. We began to run for cover. I noticed that our guide didn’t budge. I found that odd but before I could ask him why, the sun came back out and there was barely any evidence of rain. WOW!! To a visitor this was astonishing. He later explained that the storms pass quickly over the island since it is so small. There is no need to run for cover.

I was reminded of this as I sat here tonight because sometimes the storm can appear SO SUDDENLY! Out of the blue! Unexpected with no warning! BUT… BUT …..Why run? Your covering is right there with you. STAND STILL! Just when you THINK the darkness has overwhelmed you, the sun comes out! You can feel the rays== the Love of Jesus, the comfort of the Holy Spirit and the Guidance of our Heavenly Father EVEN before you can SEE your way! It is already done! He is handling your storm for you!

Exodus 14:13 says ..”And Moses said unto the people, Fear ye not, stand still, and see the salvation of the LORD, which he will shew to you today: for the Egyptians whom ye have seen today, ye shall see them again no more forever. The LORD shall FIGHT for you, and ye shall hold your peace."

So when you feel overwhelmed by sudden darkness, relax and bask in HIM. No need to fight, HE is fighting the battle for you!! Peace !!! Be Still!!

"And He arose, and rebuked the wind, and said unto the sea, Peace, be still. And the wind ceased, and there was a great calm"(Mark 4:39)


I praise you God for you are my source, my strength and my peace!

No comments:

Post a Comment