My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Sep 29, 2009

Oh My Goodness! The Escalator is OUT!


Escalators are moving staircases designed to carry people between floors of a building. We really don't think about them. We just get on them and allow them to carry us up and down as needed. It is mindless activity until......

Until...it is OUT of ORDER!

On my recent trip to DC, I travelled throughout the city via the metro system. This was the easiest way to get from place to place without having to deal with traffic. It was effortless until I reached an escalator that was not working and there was no elevator or regular steps. One would think, "That's no big deal. Just climb the escalator steps." If you haven't noticed, escalator steps are harder to climb when they are not moving because the rise between steps can be up to 16 inches. I am 5'3". I didn't have any choice but to pull myself up these high steps! Now that was a climb!

Our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ is our escalator! He is there even when we may not be thinking of HIM. He is constantly lifting us up, carrying us when we need HIM. We go about our day, moving along UNTIL.....

Until!! Praise God there is no UNTIL! Where would we be without HIM. Imagine having to go about life trying to walk let alone climb without HIM helping us and guiding us.

I pause to say Thank you Lord for being my escalator and my elevator. You are there for me, even when I am not cognizant of my needs. YOU know what is best for me and continue to carry me, for I am your child! You are my strength! Forever and always!

Thank you!

Psalm 146:8 The Lord opens the eyes of the blind. The Lord lifts up those who are weighed down. The Lord loves the godly.

1 comment:

  1. This really blessed me Gigi!! Thank you so much for sharing this post with us. I look forward to reading and learning more from you.

    http://chevonee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete