My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Oct 12, 2009

Power & Dominion!!

"The power of life and death is in the tongue." How many times have you heard someone say that? Now how many of you believe it enough to put that into action. I never really thought much of it until I read the book " Me and My Big Mouth " by Joyce Meyer many years ago.

I am a fanatic about it. I will NOT allow anyone to speak negatively over me or about me in my presence and I pray against people that do it without my knowledge. For example, someone might say,
Girl you are going to catch a cold if you don't put on a coat!" How do they know if I am going to catch a cold. NOPE! Not gonna hear it or have it. I rebuke that statement. People make little comments without even thinking and don't realize the harm they could be causing. People call their children bad or say you are gonna be just like so and so. They repeat this over and over and guess what that child may begin to believe they are bad or become bad. I don't recall ever calling my children BAD and I wouldnt let anyone else call them that. NOPE! Not gonna have it.

What about the good?? Yes, speak good things over yourself and your life! Pray right now for your children and their future. My oldest daughter's kindergarten teacher told me 13 years ago that she began praying for her son's wife when he was born. She also prayed that somewhere a mother was praying for her daughter's husband. She spoke prosperity, love, health and all good things into his life. When her son got married, she found out that what she had prayed for was so. Her daughter in law had a praying mother as well. Ain't God good!! I have been specifically praying over my children every since.

Greater is HE that is in US than he that is in the world! We have the power! Speak it!

I leave you with these two examples.

Power: When my oldest daughter was in high school, she would want to go to a party. I would ask the standard questions, who, what, when etc. Every now and then I would get a bad feeling about it and say, "Naw, I don't think you should go." She would be upset, but low and behold something bad ended up happening at those parties and she was glad she didn't go. On one particular occasion, she'd left the house and I got an urging that something was wrong. I began to pray, 'Lord, please let something happen so that she will have to come home now. Protect her!" In a 15 minute time span she was coming through the door. I asked her what happened and why she wasn't at the party. She said they were going but the person that was supposed to drive all of a sudden couldn't go. I told her I'd prayed about it and she said, "Aw Momma, why do you do that!" LOL... Of course it turned out there were major problems at that party. The power of the tongue!

Dominion: I was riding along one day reading another book that speaks about the power within us. I don't recall the author, but in it she gave an example of speaking over a situation she was going through. The book reminded me that God gave us dominion over everything. So, as we approached my mother's house it began to rain. Big rain drops began hitting the windshield. I said aloud, "Clouds, God gave me dominion over you and the power is in my tongue! I command you to hold the rain until I get to my destination and am inside of the house in Jesus' name! Amen!" My husband was driving and slowed down. I said, WHY ARE YOU SLOWING DOWN?? YOU HEARD MY PRAYER!" He calmly said, you prayed, you have faith, so why rush!" I want you to know that it stopped raining!! We were at our destination, inside, safe and dry within 10 minutes and it did not rain for another 30 minutes. I am a firm believer that what is spoken in faith and is in GOD's will shall come to pass! Hallelujah!

Try it today! Speak over yourself! HE is dwelling within you and you have the power! It's in your heart, soul and in your tongue. And as always.. push forward!!

Death and life are in the power of the tongue, Proverbs 18:21

Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, OVER ALL THE EARTH, and over all the creatures that move along the ground."

No comments:

Post a Comment