My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jun 25, 2009

What do you want to be when you grow up?

As children we were asked this question frequently? At the young age of 5 or 6 some of us declare what we want to be and hold fast to that dream until it is attained. We hear. “So you want to be a teacher, a fireman, a doctor? That’s awesome child, pursue your dreams.” Some of us grow up and go off to college, still not knowing what we want to be. We begin to take courses in one area and may find that is nothing like we thought it would be and change majors. On the other hand, once again some of us go off knowing exactly what we want to be, choose our majors, pursue them and live happily ever after. Then there are those that forget their dreams. Maybe we really did want to be a teacher but chose to go into business because we were told that there isn’t any money in that profession. (No money based on whose standards though… hmmmmm). Whatever we really wanted to be may have been pushed down inside of us due to life. Maybe we didn’t get to go to college like we planned. Maybe we chose a job because it was available and got stuck. Imprisoned; feeling as if there was nowhere else to go so we stayed.

One of my girl friends recently made the statement, “What do I want to be when I grow up?” She is in her early 40’s. She is at a crossroads. She is finding herself. Discovering who she is and exploring what she wants to do with the rest of her life. I applaud her. You see, we should not define ourselves simply by the jobs that have. We should be defined by who WE REALLY are. We should follow our passions and pursue our purpose. Don’t pass go. It’s never too late. My mother obtained her doctorate in her 50’s, while driving 2 hours one way, to attend classes, while working! Imagine the things you can accomplish with a made up mind, following God’s lead; following HIS purpose! You know what you are meant to be and so does HE! If it’s nagging at you, pursue it. I challenge you today!! Just do it and as ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!!

Psalms 138:8 NIV
The LORD will fulfill [his purpose] for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever--

No comments:

Post a Comment