My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jun 22, 2009

Self Image... Do you wear a mask?

When I look in the mirror, what do I see?
I see a beautiful woman starring back at me.
My hair is long and my teeth are straight
My lips are full and my skin looks great.
I may not be the size that I would like to be
But I’m pleased with this woman for this woman is me! ~ Gigi

Self Image
We are our own worst critics. We struggle with who we are and who we’d like to be. What size we are, how much we weigh, the wrinkles that we have, the marks, the rolls, the imperfections, all of the things that make us what and who we are seem to be magnified under our own microscope. The world looking in has a totally different view. They can only see the surface unless we allow them into our inner thinking.


To protect ourselves, we put on mask. The mask that says everything is fine. The mask that says I have no problems, I’m together and I am handling my business. We feel safe behind our mask. It shields the world from us. It hides the hurt and the pain. It hides the struggle, the private struggle. It hides the fact that we really want to be free. It hides the truth. The truth being that we want to take the mask off and show the world who we really. Instead, we keep the mask on. Who can we trust? Who will accept us for who we really are?

I read a quote the other day that said, if you waste time trying to be someone else, you are wasting the person that you are? How many of us knowingly or unknowingly compare ourselves with others? "My sister is smaller than me; wish I was her size. Her hair is pretty; I wish mine was like that. She seems to have such a perfect life; I wish mine was like that. Etc. Etc. Etc. " All of this is a waste of energy and time. We have to strive to be comfortable with who we are. I’m not saying that if you need to lose weight for health reasons or need glasses to see although you don’t like glasses, you should ignore this and not take care of it. I am saying, love who you are now as you are taking the necessary steps to become a better you, if that is your choice.

My favorite quote says, “You are the one who put me together inside my mother's body, and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me. Psalm 139: 13-14!! That is awesome to me. He created us to be MARVELOUS! Let’s make a pack. Let’s not say ANOTHER NEGATIVE WORD about ourselves from this day forward!! NO NEGATIVITY!! NONE, NADA, NIX, NINE! Are you with me???

Look in the mirror and speak positive things! Affirmations! I am beautiful. I am smart. I am motivated. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me!! When the enemy comes along and tries to get you to say otherwise.. STOP right then and say NO!!!!

I am ….. that I am ! There is only one me!
Created to be what God wants me to be
I am beautifully created in His image made
I am that I am ..none other portrayed.
As I go about my day with my head held high
I know that I am the gleam in His eye
The one that created me to be
A queen, victorious and alas I am she! ~Gigi

1 comment:

  1. TOO powerful....can you say I need to read this DAILY!

    ReplyDelete