My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jun 14, 2009

Should've -Would've - Could've....Regrets!!

Regrets!

I’m sure we all have had them at some point in time. Wishing that’d we’d done something a different way or chosen a different path. Sometimes we beat ourselves up over and over for a choice that was made. Choices that could have been made due to unforeseen circumstances! We replay the events in our minds and keep pressing the rewind button. We constantly assault our spirits for the mistakes that were made by saying things such as, “I should’ve done this!” or, “I would’ve done that but..!”Or “If that hadn’t have happened, I could’ve done the other!” What is your should’ve, would’ve, could’ve? Does it even matter at this point?

Why beat yourself up about a choice that was made in the past? Is there someone that you need to forgive? Is there something that you need to let go of? If so, do it and move on. You are in the present. You can't click your heels three times, wrinkle your nose or cross your arms and nod to go back. It's time to move forward.

There are so many people hurting. It stills my heart when I think of the circumstances that people find themselves in. I say find because people don’t PLAN to get laid off. They don’t PLAN for their significant other to lose their insurance benefits, and sometimes self-esteem. They don’t PLAN for a loved one to suddenly pass away and change all of the PLANS that were made. They don’t PLAN to find themselves with a disease or for their child to be sick. They don’t PLAN to become so saddened or distracted that they find themselves unable to pray.

Yes, you can plan financially to cover some of these circumstances, but what about the emotional toll that it may take. Suppose you planned to be strong. You planned to be able to handle every situation that you are faced with but you forgot that you were human. You forgot that you were made of flesh and blood and that is not what we are fighting. We are warring against spirits and principalities.

A friend of mine’s husband passed away suddenly some months back. She was/is financially set but was not prepared emotionally for what she was to face. This had been her life partner. She was surrounded by friends and family and her faith was strong, but she found herself in a position of being unable to pray. Another wise woman who’d lost her spouse, very wisely told her, that when she is unable to pray, the Holy Spirit would pray for her. She just needed to be still and let Him do the work. All of the previous praying that she’d done was a foundation for what is to be done now. God was listening and would take care of her. She also told her that she would be interceding for her as well. That has stuck with me and found a special place in my heart!!

I am so grateful to know that the Holy Spirit is continually interceding for me as well as the other prayer warriors in my life. I’ve made many mistakes. There are things that I wished I’d done differently, but just as in the movies “Back to the Future” or especially “The Butterfly Effect” making changes in the past would most likely have a ripple effect and change the future. The changes could cause things to be worse than what was experienced in the first place.

As I celebrate another birthday, I am reminded to look onward, pray harder,study more faithfully and remind others to pray for each other. Fight/War for each other! No matter the Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda’s… Push Forward! There is a brighter day ahead. A reason for all things! Declare the victory for it is already won!

Ephesians 6:12 (King James Version)
For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.





1 comment:

  1. Really really good baby!!!!! I am so proud of you my anointed wife!!!!

    ReplyDelete