My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jun 11, 2009

There's a Hole in My Sidewalk.....



My Pastor quotes this poem from time to time. It 's a reminder that things happen for a reason. As things happen, we should learn from them. We may not realize the lesson at the moment, but in time, when we come across a similiar situation, we realize that we've learned and we've grown. HE already knows how we are going to respond but HE wants us to learn how we will respond. It's a test of our faith.

Sometimes we may not be strong enough to pull ourselves out of the hole. We may need someone to reach down in that hole and give us a hand up. That hand up may be prayer. That hand up may be words of encouragement. That hand up may be someone looking down at us in the hole saying "Come on!! You can do it!! Pull yourself out of there!" They can say that because they've fallen down before and got out! They are there to encourage & lift us up!

I praise God for Holes in my Sidewalk! I have fallen but faith has now taught me that I WILL GET UP! I will GET OUT!! I will Survive and ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

There's a Hole in My Sidewalk

Autobiography in Five Short Chapters
by Portia Nelson

Chapter One

I walk down the street.There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I fall in. I am lost .... I am helpless. It isn't my fault. It takes forever to find a way out.
Chapter Two

I walk down the street.There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I pretend that I don't see it. I fall in again. I can't believe I am in this same place. But, it isn't my fault. It still takes a long time to get out.
Chapter Three

I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I see it is there. I still fall in ... it's a habit ... but, my eyes are open. I know where I am. It is my fault. I get out immediately.
Chapter Four

I walk down the same street. There is a deep hole in the sidewalk. I walk around it.
Chapter Five

I walk down another street.

No comments:

Post a Comment