My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jun 9, 2009

Press the Magic Button...Never Give Up On Your Dreams!

My 12 year old reminded me that when she was little, I would tell her that in order to turn on the computer, I would have to press the magic button. I would make her close her eyes while I pressed the power button on the CPU. (THAT IS SO FUNNY TO ME)! I had completely forgotten that. She said that for years she would sneak up to the monitor and search for the magic button.

Just think about it. Generally speaking "Magic" is a big part of being a child. In my household, the Easter Bunny magically brought an Easter basket on Easter Sunday. On Valentine's Day, Cupid brought the candy. On Christmas, Santa brought the presents. I remember going to school in the third grade and vehemently told my teacher that I heard Santa's sleigh on the roof and he was REAL!! Wow!! How blessed I was! How blessed my children are!

As children we really used our imaginations. We played Barbee's. That meant that the Barbee dolls were lined up, dressed and they talked to each other. That was so much fun. I was so sad when it wasn't as fun anymore. Someone had told me that I was too old to play with dolls. I don't remember how old I was, only that it made me sad. A friend told that there was no Santa. I was in the 4th grade. I guess it was time, but I was crushed. How could it not be so! When my children started to ask me that fated question, I told them that once they stopped believing, he stopped coming and I had to take over. I couldn't just throw it on them. I didn't want to ruin their magic.

So what happens? Why do we stop imagining? Imagination, fancy, fantasy are nouns that refer to the power of the mind to form images, especially of what is not present to the senses. Why do some people squash their dreams and visions? Is it because someone tells us to grow up? Swiss psychologist Jean Piaget devoted his life to cognitive development. In the article "Brain to Top" it states that "Piaget called the formal operations stage begins at age 11 or 12. The new capabilities developed in this stage, such as the abilities to reason hypothetically and deductively and to establish abstract relationships, are generally mastered around age 15." That's a mouthful! I am not a therapist, but my deductive reasoning tells me that possibly, as we age, we become consumed our newly developed reasoning skills and then life gets in the way.

Motivational speaker Brian Tracy quotes Napolean Hill in his book Goals, stating "Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul; the blueprint of your ultimate achievement." Ahhh.. so fitting! Maybe that's what we need to get back to. The next time you are driving, exercising and maybe even sleeping and your mind starts to wander and you begin to daydream and all of those new and creative ideas start to push through===>>Pay attention. Write them down. Keep a pad by the bedside. Wake up and write those new ideas down before they escape you. Your soul, your childlike soul is speaking to you. Encouraging you to run toward the mark!! Go for your dreams and Never Give Up! Press the MAGIC BUTTON and turn on the your inner you!!

And as Always... PUSH FORWARD!

"Write the vision and make it plain" Habakkuk 2:2 King James

'Write a vision, and explain on the tables, That he may run who is reading it.
For yet the vision is for a season, And it breatheth for the end, and doth not lie, If it tarry, wait for it, For surely it cometh, it is not late. Habakkuk 2:2-3 Young's Literal Translation.

1 comment:

  1. Matthew 18:3 (NIV) And he said: "I tell you the truth, unless you change and become like little children, you will never enter the kingdom of heaven.

    Makes you stop to think how dreams and visions start with children. You make a good point and so did Jesus.

    Blessings,
    Matt.

    ReplyDelete