My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jun 7, 2009

Quality VS Quantity Time.....


I have been thinking about love lately and how it is expressed. Everybody has a different impression of what it means to receive, give and be loved. In Gary Chapman's book, Five Love Languages, he explains that love can be expressed in five ways. The languages are 1. Words of Affirmation 2. Quality Time 3. Receiving gifts 4. Acts of Service and 5. Physical Touch. For example sake, I may feel most loved when someone provides an act of service, whereas that may mean nothing to you. You may measure love by how often you are touched. We may need all of these expressions in varying degrees, but one expression may stand out more than another.


I read this book many years ago and I discovered that quality time is what is most important to me. In my case, quality time doesn't have to be face to face time. Notice, I said QUALITY of time not QUANTITY of time. You and I may spend hours together in one space, but if there is no interaction, as far as I'm concerned, there is no quality. I want communication, be it by email, text, phone, or face to face. If an individual takes the TIME to communicate with me, then I feel loved. No, I am not speaking of affirmations. The communication doesn't have to be words of praise and admiration. I just want some good ole "How are you?" , "Checking on you!" etc and mean it.


Gary explains quality time like this, "Quality time is more than mere proximity. It’s about focusing all your energy on your mate. A husband watching sports while talking to his wife is NOT quality time. Unless all of your attention is focused on your mate, even an intimate dinner for two can come and go without a minute of quality time being shared." BINGO... I'm with ya.


For example, My birthday is coming up. I LOVE the celebration of birthdays. My husband took the TIME to plan a surprise dinner for me with some of my closest friends. They took the TIME to come and spend quality time with me. On my actual birthday, I am going to spend some more QUALITY TIME with my mother, stepfather and family. I feel so loved.


When I am down, they lift me up. When I am sick they check on me and offer to go and get medicine or anything else that is needed. When I am hungry they feed me. When I excel, they cheer me on. When I need a boost, they are there to push me. And should I stumble, I know that they are there to help me up. All of this is incredible, but what is most important is the time that we spend together. It's the fellowship! It's the love!


In addition to my long time friends, I have met some awesome people on Twitter and rebuilt some wonderful relations on FB. We genuinely communicate which translates to me as TIME.....quality time!!


I am reminded of the scripture Matthew 25:31-40. It says:

"When the Son of Man comes in his glory, and all the angels with him, then he will sit on the throne of his glory. All the nations will be gathered before him, and he will separate people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats, and he will put the sheep at his right hand and the goats at the left. Then the king will say to those at his right hand, 'Come, you that are blessed by my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world; for I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me, I was naked and you gave me clothing, I was sick and you took care of me, I was in prison and you visited me.' Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when was it that we saw you hungry and gave you food, or thirsty and gave you something to drink? And when was it that we saw you a stranger and welcomed you, or naked and gave you clothing? And when was it that we saw you sick or in prison and visited you?' And the king will answer them, 'Truly I tell you, just as you did it to one of the least of these who are members of my family, you did it to me.'

The least of these. I am a child of God. I am a member of His family. I appreciate and truly love those that take the time for me and with me.

I say to you to day. Take the time. Take Quality TIME! Spend it with others. Express your love and as always...PUSH FORWARD!

No comments:

Post a Comment