My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jun 8, 2009

Skinny or Fat!!


What determines whether a person is skinny or fat? I know there used to be height and weight charts that were formulated by the CDC to tell us what was considered the norm. Even those charts have been changed in the last 10 years to adjust for ethnicity, body mass and other factors.


What does society say? Society primarily says that the model on TV that is a size 2 is perfect. They normally don't mention the actual sizes out loud until you watch some of the fashion programs and a model may mention that she is a zero. I was astonished to find out how much these women weighed versus their heights. Primarily, they were UNDER weight. To the teenage child watching TV and trying to emulate what they see, they think this is the ideal size. Thus we have children trying to starve themselves. Trying to make sure they don't have any rolls. Trying to make sure they have a six pack. Why would you need or desire a six pack at 12 years old? Because society says that's the cool thing to have.


Let's take two girls. One weighs 95 lbs at 4' 8" and the other weighs 85 lbs at 4'9". They have two complete different body structures. The weight is distributed in different proportions among the two. Looking at this scenario, how on God's green earth could one be called skinny and one be called fat? Yet this occurred. WHY?? I am so bothered by this. I guess it strikes a nerve because at 5'3 145 pounds as I was in the picture, ( see insert) I was still being told that I was too fat. Too fat for whom? Too fat based on the scale. I was perfectly happy at a size 8. I was doing a lot of theater and in their eyes I was too fat.


Please people. Our children don't need this. Watch what they see on TV. Be mindful of what is being fed to them by society so that you can counter act it and tell them the truth. The truth is that they should be healthy and fit. Teach them how to eat a balanced diet. By all means, please don't allow them to diet at age 12.


Encourage them! Tell them that they are beautiful. Tell them that they are fearfully and wonderfully made. God doesn't make any junk. Lift them up and don't allow anyone else to tear them down, no matter who it is. Keep their self esteem lifted. And as always, please Push them Forward!!!


Psalm 139:13-14 (Contemporary English Version)
You are the one who put me together inside my mother's body,and I praise you because of the wonderful way you created me. Everything you do is marvelous! Of this I have no doubt.



No comments:

Post a Comment