My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Aug 3, 2009

Obedient Children

Obedience is a struggle sometimes. I woke up Sunday morning struggling and feeling conflicted about tasks that I know that I am purposed to do.

God reminded me that this is normal. This is a part of being human. Children struggle with obedience all of the time. Especially as they begin to mature and are trying to figure out who they are and who they are becoming. They are pulled by peer pressure and the pressures of life.

We are HIS children. We are asked to be obedient and yet sometimes we struggle. Struggle with peer pressure and life pressure. Struggling with our will versus HIS.

Just as children are punished for being disobedient, we face consequences when we knowingly disobey HIS will. Look at the children of Israel. Their reward of the Promised Land was delayed for 40 years due to their disobedience. Needless to say, I got up and pushed my way to do HIS will.

Our choir ministers a song by Shekinah Glory called "Yes. The lyrics say, "God is saying.. If I told you what I really need from thee...Would your heart and soul say yes? There is more that I require of thee..from thee! Just say... Yes!

So I am asking you today, "Are you being obedient children?" Obedient to HIS will and what HE has asked of you? If not, consider the consequences! Consider the delay!

Say "YES"

Joshua 5:6
For the children of Israel walked forty years in the wilderness , till all the people that were men of war, which came out of Egypt, were consumed, because they obeyed not the voice of the Lord...

No comments:

Post a Comment