My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Aug 16, 2009

WHY REDLIGHTS?

Due to unforeseen circumstances, I was late for worship service this morning. I try to make our women’s Sunday school class called “Matters of the Heart” as often as I can but missed it this morning. The next goal was to get to the choir room before the prayer.

Our church is situated on the corner of the main street in our town. It can be seen from blocks away. Although only 5 blocks away this morning, it appeared to be miles away since I was stuck waiting at the stoplight. Not only did I find myself waiting at the stoplight for two minutes (seemed like forever) with no other cars on the street BUT as I looked down the street, I noticed that the lights were red at each block. If not timed correctly, I would easily catch EACH and EVERY light.

I said “Why red stoplights Lord; as I continued to pray that I would get to church on time.” The answer: Stoplights are created to keep us from collisions or unforeseen accidents. Ah Hah moment!

When God tells us to STOP, we need to listen. We need to wait patiently until he gives us the GO sign. Why you ask? He is preventing us from an unforeseen accident or a collision. He may even be preventing us from ourselves. We get caught up in life and start barreling along without looking both ways. We don’t stop to think about what we should have done until after the collision.

Needless to say, I made it in time for the prayer. I was standing outside the door listening in but I made it. I got there in His time. As in all things, HIS time is the right time! The next time, I am waiting at a stoplight, I will think of it differently. I will think of why HE may have me to wait …waiting for a reason and in HIS time… GO!

"They that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint." Isaiah 40:31

No comments:

Post a Comment