My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Aug 8, 2009

Hide and Seek...are you IT??

As a child, I used to play a game called Hide and Seek with my friends. In the game, the person that is "It" is supposed to count to 100 by 5's while the other children hide in secret. When the "It" person reaches 100 they yell out, "Ready or not, here I come!!" to let the other children know that they are on their way to find them.

Luke 11:9 says " and I say unto you, ask and it shall be given unto you: seek and ye shall find; knock and it shall be opened unto you." Just as "It" has to seek so shall we. Our rewards are in Him. We must seek HIM to gain the rewards that he has for us. Matthew 6: 6 says, .."pray to the Father which is in secret and thy Father which seeth in secret shall reward thee openly.

In the game, "It" could yell out "Ally Ally Oxen Free" to let those hiding know that they were all free and the game was over. This term may be linked back to the German phrase " Alle Alle Auch Sind Frei" which means "Everybody is Free". Oh my goodness! Isn't that just like OUR FATHER!! We may not be able to see HIM, but when we seek HIM we will be rewarded AND by seeking HIM we are free!!!

I don't know about you but I'm "IT"!! Seeking my Father! Seeking my Reward! Receiving my Freedom! Ready or not.....Here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment