My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jul 13, 2009

Pursue versus Follow..Dare to Dream

When I woke up this morning, rainbows were on my mind. I heard it whispered, "If you are not pursuing the rainbows end, are you really living?" hmmm..I pondred. Then I heard, "Are you living or existing? There is a difference!"



People say, "Follow your dreams." To me, it sounds likeyou are lagging behind or trying to catch up with it. It's passive. One of the definitions of follow is "to proceed without plan or action." Now that just won't do. If I have written the vision, put it in front of me so that I can move toward it, why would I simply want to follow it. There is more to it than that.



Pursue means to follow, but with a different connotation. It means to follow with urgency. It's defined as "to quest for, go in search of or hunt for!" Doesn't that make you WANT to take action? It makes me want to make a strenuous effort to soar and strive!



I am reminded of the song, "Dare to Dream". It is the closing song of the movie Pride, the true story of Jim Ellis, a teach who formed an African American swim team in the projects of Philadelphia in the 1970's. Against what seemed like insurmountable odds, they competed for the state Championship.



The lyrics are:



See the rainbows around us all

Hear the angels when they call

Find a wahy to reach inside

Just dare to dream and walk with pride!



I challenge you today. Live - do more than exist. Pursue versus follow. Dream, Strive & Walk with Pride.



And as Always....Push Forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment