My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jul 10, 2009

Above all things....LOVE

I’ve been quiet! In deep thought….Still …Listening for HIS voice!!

1st of all, Last week my girls were so sick. I haven’t seen them that sick in a long time. Their fevers were so high. They were so pitiful. Of course all of their symptoms fit the H1N1 flu but God prevailed. Just another reminder of how precious life is.

Secondly, Michael Jackson’s sudden death hit me hard. I didn’t know him personally. He wasn’t my friend. I don’t even know anyone that knew him. I was struck by the suddenness of it all. Another reminder of how fragile life is. It is only a breath. One last exhale and it’s over.

I watched the Memorial service! I listened intently to the songs that he wrote. I never paid that much attention to the words before. “Man in the Mirror, Gone too soon, Heal the World…..make it a better place” Deep, thought provoking words. It was also a peek into his world, reminding us that he was indeed human. He wasn’t just an icon or a pop star. His daughter “Paris’ comments about her “DADDY” ….wow is all I can say! She wanted everyone to know that she loved him. Despite the opinions of the world, she loved HIM.... HER DADDY!

That's how our FATHER feels about us!! Despite the opinions of the world, HE loves us. Despite the way we may feel about ourselves, HE still loves us. My pastor always says that there is nothing that we can do to make God START loving us and there is nothing that we can do to make God STOP loving us. HE is LOVE!

So I leave you with this......Above all things-Love God! Love yourself freely so that you may love others! Receive love! Please don’t lose your today worrying about tomorrow! Tomorrow is never promised! And as always….push forward. Push forward in love!

Romans 8:39 NIV
neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
http://tinyurl.com/nhk5vy

3 comments:

  1. Gigi, this is wonderful. What a good illustration. Everyone will be able to relate to what you are saying. MJ wasn't a star to his children, he was their DAD! We aren't what others see us as to God, we are His children. He sees us as He made us, in His image. That's alot of love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought this was a beautiful entry and loved the way you related things on earth to our Heavenly father. I published a review on Michael Jackson's Memorial if you are interested in reading it. http://www.viewpoints.com/Michael-Jackson-The-Farewell-Memorial-review-42de

    I look forward to keeping up with your blog. Oh, the girls are beautiful! I love the middle child's smile. Must be because I am also a middle child :+)

    From one Gigi to another! ~Gigi girl

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. You know what PUSH stands for don't you? Pray Until Something Happens! Keep praying and believing! God answers prayers and some dreams really do come true!

    ReplyDelete