My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jul 5, 2009

Is There Oil in your Lamp?

I am feeling empowered! I woke up with a really sore throat. Swollen glands. Just another trick to keep me home and keep me from singing God's praises. I turned the table though. I took the quiet as an opportunity to be still and listen to what the Master wants me to hear. He told me that sometimes foundations are shaken to wake you up. Not quite an earthquake, but a rumbling. Like the sound of thunder in the distance. It's an alert to let you know a storm is coming. It causes us to sit up, pay attention and prepare. Just because you hear the thunder, doesn't mean that the storm will actually reach your side of town but it still heightens your awareness. It says "Get Ready"

I sense a change. A change in outlook. An opening of the eyes to see what is available. To see all of the endless opportunities that He has provided for us. We have to be able to see, be alert. Just like the women with the oil. All of them slept but only 5 were prepared. Are you asleep today? If so, it's time to wake up. Prepare yourself for the good that is to come. Prepare to receive your blessings. They are on the way!

"Then the kingdom of heaven shall be compared to ten maidens who took their lamps and went to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were wise. For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them; but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps. As the bridegroom was delayed, they all slumbered and slept. But at midnight there was a cry, 'Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.'" {Matt 25:1-6 RSV}

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful family

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome baby! I love the way the Lord uses you to get His word out!

    ReplyDelete