My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jul 6, 2009

Mommy Moment - RED LIGHT RED HAIR!!

I am having a Mommy moment. My daughter has red hair. Not red all over. Just the tips!. The tips are "red-light" red!
I am sort of conservative (NOW--SMILE). My daughter and I have a constant battle about her hair choices. (I exhale). She has the ability to change her hair at a moment’s notice. She can weave, bond, braid her own hair as she sees fit. As I type this, my middle child is begging me to stop. She said, “PLEASE DON’T TALK ABOUT MY SISTER..she giggles!” She doesn’t know what else I plan to say…. So, I continue to type!

After I looked at my oldest daughter’s newest hair creation, it hit me. I thought about all of the outfits that I used to wear while singing in an R & B band back in the day. Some of those outfits would surely have made my mother gasp had she seen them. Some of them she did see and she would only shake her head. My mother always says. “I’m going to tell you how I feel! If you choose to go ahead and jump off of the bridge, then at least I can say I told you not to” So, that’s all I can do. Ask her NOT to wear the hairstyles!

I stopped to think of all the other things she could be doing besides putting in red tips, so I am letting it go. I AM proud of her! She is doing well in college. She is healthy, bright, gifted and anointed. I am truly blessed.
I am entitled to Mommy Moments though because I am a MOMMY!! Right??... I thought so!

And as Always.. I am pushing forward!!

No comments:

Post a Comment