My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Feb 3, 2010

I don't want to "go with you" anymore? What!! This too shall Pass!


“I don’t want to go with you anymore!!!” That’s what we used to call it. “Going together!” Those are devastating words….especially when you are in the 7th grade – 12 years old and thinking that you have all the answers. Let me take you back for a second. He was older than me and I wasn’t even supposed to have what we called a “boyfriend” until the 8th grade. My mom said I could talk on the phone to boys when I got to the seventh grade but I couldn’t call them. They had to call me because that is how it was supposed to work. I was at the JR High though….Washington Drive Jr High. I was on the cheerleading squad, he was in the 9th grade and he wanted me to be his “girlfriend”!!! How could I say no…right? He even wanted a kiss. OMG!! We had no idea what or how to do that. My friends and I had to find someone who had kissed a boy before so I wouldn’t look like I was clueless.




TIMES HAVE CHANGED!! With texting, email, facebook, myspace and chat on every site, there is every opportunity for just about everyone to stay connected if they choose to. It is also a way to escape. Escape the reality of life by choosing hours on twitter and facebook and less time with your family or friends. You would think with all of these modes of communication there be more bonding but in actuality it CAN lead to less talking. I have seen people text when the person is in the other room or in the same car. LOL!!! We chat instead of calling. It’s easier. You can hide your emotions when you can’t hear the other person’s voice. You can choose the emotion icon that you want to use to show emotion whether you mean it or not. You can even hide where you really are, be it in the bathroom or someplace you’re not supposed to be! Who will know right? Where does this lead to? It CAN lead to distance and the fateful words. “I don’t’ want to go with you anymore or NO MO!”



Don’t get me wrong, I love social networking, texting and emailing. Ask my friends!! I’m simply saying pay attention to your mate, spouse, and significant other. Pay attention to your children. Ask yourself if you’re spending more quality time with the CPU or the CELL phone versus them. No matter the age, no one WANTS to have their heart broken. No one WANTS to be on the receiving end of those words. No one WANTS to feel like it’s their fault or it was something that they could have done differently.



Fortunately, I have learned that things happen for a reason. We may not always see it while we are going through it because the fog is so thick that we can’t see the sunlight on the other side. There is a reason though whether it was our fault or not. After it’s all said and done, it’s a lesson learned and we move forward. Even if we have to push ourselves, we should always push forward. We keep pushing until we get through. We may emerge with a few scars, but as God’s children, we are always victorious!



Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"



As for my FIRST REAL boyfriend in the 7th grade, (I won’t call his name), he told me those fateful words. Even after he got a kiss on the steps after school! Even after he told me I would be his girlfriend forever!!! You see Washington Drive closed after the 7th grade. They changed to the middle school concept. I went to the 8th at the middle school and he went to high school. He didn’t want to “go with me anymore.” I was devastated. Couldn’t sleep, couldn’t eat, in fact I thought my WHOLE LIFE WAS OVER!! My mom told me, “This too shall pass!” She was right! I made it. I pushed forward!

No comments:

Post a Comment