My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jan 26, 2010

Keep RUNNING!!

Flight! It’s a normal reaction to stress. It is a natural protection mechanism. God wired our bodies to react to fear by sending adrenaline through the body, thus giving us the rush to flee from a fearful situation. It is a natural reaction.


I have felt like running recently! Stressed and anxious, I wanted to run! Run away from the problems of the world. I wasn’t thinking about where I was going to run to, only that I wanted to. Running is a freeing, natural feeling. In the opening scene of the movie “Chariots of Fire” the men are running on the beach and the famous theme song is playing. I heard this famous song several times over the weekend. It was heard so much that my girls were humming it and one asked where the song came from. In Sunday school the lesson was from Isaiah 40:31 which states: “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall RUN, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.” KJV Do you think HE was sending me a message?

There is only one place to run to when seeking peace that surpasses anything that our minds can grasp. That’s right... run to Jesus! In John 14:27 (NIV) Jesus is saying “Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” He is standing with open arms, waiting to catch us when we get tired of running alone. He is ready when we finally have the wherewithal to fall into his arms. We may find ourselves exhausted when we get to HIM, but it is always worth it. HE will allow us to clear our minds, help us stand, gain our strength and push forward. He will help us get back in the race to the ultimate finish. I am reminded that the race isn’t always easy BUT with HIM, I can do all things. As long as we are running FOR Jesus and not running from him we can make it.

The next time you feel like running, put on your running shoes and go. Just don’t run alone. Run TO Him, with HIM and not FROM Him! Keep running until you hear Him say “Well done!! You have finished the race! Well done!!


1 comment:

  1. Ok Miss! You and I are on the same spiritual wavelength or something! I just wrote a blog earlier today about 'pushing' forward with a vision, even when it seems as though no one else sees or belives it! As I was looking at your other posts, I noticed the picture from Haiti....girl, I cannot believe this! I blogged about Haiti Friday night after watching the telethon on tv. Like you, I have prayed every night. I fell asleep on the couch before 11:30 last night (very early for me) but when I awoke I said, "Oh..I HAVE to pray before I go back to sleep." I said the same prayer I have been saying every night since the earthquake..I thanked GOD for showing people who believe that He can and will work miracles..even 2 weeks after the earthquake they are still finding survivors! I laughed at the news reporters because they dont understand how people can still be alive and why the woman rescued last week started singing when they pulled her out! Ha! They just dont understand. I am still believing that people are alive and they will continue to find them.

    Monise

    ReplyDelete