My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Feb 17, 2010

Y Choices

Y Choices!


The letter Y is an interesting letter. As the yield sign forms the top of the Y reminding us to slow down and proceed with caution, the letter Y also symbolizes a fork in the road. It is a defining moment. It is a point in the whirling vortex that we call life, where things seem to stop. We yield to let others pass as we make a choice. It is essentially the stopping point where a decision HAS to be made. Some say, “I WON’T make a decision, I will just stay here and do nothing.” That in itself is a choice. The other options are to go left, right or turn back, but either way a decision is made.

WHY:

Often times at the Y, we ask that question. WHY? Why is this happening to me? Why do I have to choose? We choose because God gave us freewill. Yes it would be easier to allow others to make the decisions for us, but would that make you happy with the end result? Yes, you could then blame someone else for your emptiness but essentially you chose to allow someone else to choose.



Choices:

Some choices are harder than others. They are life altering. “Should I further my education? Should I stay in a loveless relationship? Am I ready to get married, have a child? Should I buy a new house or car? These are only questions I’ve had in my past. What are yours? To me, these are choices that should not be made in haste. In an effort to move on you may peer left then quickly left, seeking the answer. You think that you know but you’re unsure. You know the way that you have already come, so there is no reason to turn back! What do you do?



CONFER:

This is the instance where you should confer with the ultimate consultant. HE gives us freewill, but HE also will provide the answers… IF we ask. The word says, “But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33.” We are to go to HIM in prayer, read HIS word and trust HIM for the answer. You may have to wait for the answer, but remember, it’s when we make rash decisions that we choose the wrong roads and end up at yet another Y.

My Answer:

Today is Ash Wednesday, the first day of Lent. It is a time of repentance, confession and reflection as we approach the Holy Celebration of the Death and Resurrection of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ – Easter. I beseech you to take this time to meditate and consult HIM, trust HIM. I personally had a Deja vu moment this morning. I saw a door that I had seen in a dreams years before. It was God’s way of letting me know that I am where I am supposed to be, at this appointed time, even at the Y!

No comments:

Post a Comment