My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jan 13, 2010

The Road to ME and the GAS is FREE!


When I was a child, I always wanted to be in the front of the line or up front. I was considered an over achiever. A leader! Then one day I got on the wrong road.

Wrong Way

Have you ever been driving on the interstate at 70 + miles an hour and realize that you missed your exit. Your first inclination is to back up and try and make it but usually there are too many cars coming and you can’t stop and back up. Then you start looking for a break in the highway to cut through to the other side, but there are concrete barriers up, so there is no short cut. The next option is to keep driving until the next exit so you can turn around. Sometimes this can be miles and miles down the road and you end up wasting so much time trying to get back on track. That’s life. We miss our exit and get on the wrong road and its years before we are headed in the right direction. YEARS!

The Road

I used to be self employed. In order to shine and be in the front of the line, I had to literally work 12-14 hour days, with no time for my children and family and church. I didn’t realize this going in; I just thought that was what I wanted. I prayed for it and as the old folk say, “be careful what you ask for!” I wasn’t ready. I was in the front of the line for the first few years but I burned myself out. I was also immature. I let my need to take care of others versus myself get in my way. I didn’t have that cut throat mentality and some of those closest to me and in my employ took advantage of me. Ultimately, I gave up. I didn’t fight for what was rightfully mine. I didn’t have the support system I needed, I was tired and I let it go!

I let this bother me for years. I regretted not fighting for what was given to me but God said clearly, “It’s time to let it go! It was all for a reason.” That was not what HE would have me to be. It was just for a season. He allowed me to stay in it long enough for HIM to show me the things HE wanted me to see and learn. I became born again during those years, became a different person and therefore it was time to move on. I just couldn’t see it at the time.


"...For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future..." Jeremiah 29:11

The Road to ME.... (the God in Me)

Who God creates us to be doesn’t change, but sometimes circumstances cause us to forget who we are and what we are made of. We bury the ME! The enemy sees our future and tries to thwart God’s plan for us as well. He will do anything he can to block our path or send us on the wrong road. In other cases, we are own enemy. We let our free will get in our own way. Combine these situations and we end up on a very long road to nowhere.

Praise God that HE is in control. He knows the plans that HE has for us. When we are sensitive to HIS will and listen to HIS voice, HE will guide us back onto the correct road! HIS path. He will put people in our lives to give us the guidance that we need. HE will reveal what HE has in store for us and keep us on track. HE will create shortcuts and remove the barrier that were once there. The road to ME seemed long to me but I now realize that it was HIS plan.

HIS Road


Even on HIS road there are turns, curves, stoplights, toll booths and accidents. All for a reason. All to help us see that the road ahead is bright for HIS light is guiding us. Yes, get on HIS road. Find your way back to your "ME"; the ME that HE created you to be! Let your light shine, turn on your HIGH BEAMS, toot your own horn and the GAS is FREE!!

God Always Saves... (GAS)

No comments:

Post a Comment