My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Sep 4, 2009

You Can't Take My Joy

Written Nov 6, 2007 -I needed to be reminded today 9/4/2009

I woke up with a song in my heart that simply said "Not my Joy" In other words, God said, no matter what you are going through, the enemy can not take your joy.

I was feeling very discouraged. I couldn't shake it and I didn't know why I was feeling that way. It was nothing that anyone had said or done and it wasn't my circumstances. Nevertheless, I was still feeling that way. Before going to bed, I read in Terry Anderson's book, Knowing God Personally, that God will work all things together for good. Depression is the opposite of joy. Real joy is more than an emotion-it lies deep in the heart and comes only from God. (ecc 2:26) In the Bible, joy is described as 'the fruit planted and made to grow by God if we depend on Him to control our lives. Real joy can exist and grow even in the midst of sorrow and pain." Jer 31:13 says I will turn their mourning into joy and will comfort them and make them rejoice from their sorrow

God commanded me to share this,in other words, He warned me and told me I had to send this out so, I am sending it out of obedience in that it may be a blessing to someone. Maybe it is meant for you to share with someone else. We never know how God is going to work it out.

So ..we sing" You can't take my joy, You can't take my joy!!"


"For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure, Do all things without murmuring and disputing. Phill: 2:13-14

No comments:

Post a Comment