My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Oct 6, 2010

Clinging to the Cross

I cherish the cross. When things get rough, when things get tough, I think of the cross. When I feel like my burdens are too heavy and I’d rather sit down than keep going, I think of the cross. When things are going well and I have no worries or complaints, I think of the cross.


The cross is a symbolic reminder of what our GOD endured for us. HE willingly allowed them (the world) to put HIM on that cross so that HE could bear our sins. HE carried that heavy cross to Calvary for you and me. So how can my burdens be heavier than his? How can my life be any more difficult than HIS? Even at my lowest point, it is nothing compared to what HE endured.

I have a cross tattooed on my foot. It took approximately 15 minutes (which felt like an hour) of excruciating pain to get it, but it was worth it. There are many arguments as to whether a tattoo is defaming your body, but it was a very personal decision. My tattoo is a constant reminder of my savior, Jesus. It is a symbol of the sacrifice and the victory! If HE could handle the pain and sins of the world for me, surely I could survive 15 minutes to have a constant reminder of HIM. I think of how even in the midst of all the good HE was doing, there were still those that chose to pick Him apart. They chose to try and tear HIM down, criticize HIM and persecute HIM. Surely He could have chosen not to bear the cross but HE did it! HE did it for you and me!


My Tattoo


The next time you are sad or weary, think of the cross. Think of HIS victory! Remember that HE rose with all power in HIS hands. Although the world thought that HE was defeated, HE was triumphant. No matter what you are going through, cling to the cross! Jesus will see you through!

Singing.....


On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross,

the emblem of suffering and shame;

and I love that old cross where the dearest and best

for a world of lost sinners was slain.



So I'll cherish the old rugged cross,


till my trophies at last I lay down;

I will cling to the old rugged cross,

and exchange it someday for a crown.




2 comments:

  1. This do in remembrance of Me...it is very important to remember His Body, His Burden, His Blood...the Cross signifies it all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. TO: Butterfly! Thank you so much for reading and commenting! I appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete