My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Oct 20, 2010

It Ain't Over Until God Says It's Over

My girls wore pink today. They said the kids were wearing pink to bring awareness to Breast Cancer. They have been asking questions about cancer lately so we have been having good dialogue, but for them, at their fashion conscious age, to want to make sure they wore pink, stopped me in my tracks. In their own special way, these young people are taking the time to honor women and men who have been affected by this disease.


I can safely say that we have all been affected in some way or another for its roots are far reaching. My life was forever changed when a girlfriend of mine, in her 30’s passed away in 2002. She found out that the cancer was back after preparing to run in the Susan Komen Global Race for the Cure. She fought hard but it came back with a vengeance and attacked her liver. A week before her wedding, she knew that she didn’t have long, but she stood there on her wedding day, eyes yellowed with jaundice with the brightest most brilliant smile imaginable. Her faith was unwavering and her spirit strong. She passed away a few months later, praising God everyday for the life that He allowed her to live. The VICTORY IS WON!

Ms. Bobbie Currie is another strong woman of faith that touched my life. When she worked in my office, she used to read her bible everyday and pray. At that time, I didn’t know her story and didn’t understand her faith. I couldn’t understand why she was so diligent, strong and why she talked about the Lord and how much she loved Him. I didn’t know that she’d been cancer free for YEARS and was praising Him for her life. You see I wasn’t “born again” at the time and didn’t have a relationship with God. I attended church every now and then but I didn’t know how important it is to have a true relationship with HIM. Bobbie was a lady of grace, poise and love. The last time I saw her, she’d just come from a treatment. Although weak, she was still smiling and giving God the Glory! She too passed away with unwavering faith. The VICTORY IS WON!

I know some of you may say, “How can the VICTORY be won if they passed away?” Healing doesn’t always come in the way that we want it. WE would rather keep our loved ones here with us in this cruel world, even after they have served GOD’s purpose. We forget that we are only here temporarily and we are GOD’s children. We are to return HOME to be with Him. These ladies were shining examples of God’s love. His love radiated from them in their smiles, their demeanor and in the lives that they led. They returned to Him in His time to live out eternal life.

I pay homage to those of you who have won the victory on this side of the Jordan, not just over breast cancer but any type of cancer. I pay homage to you who have loved ones who have fought and are fighting. I pay homage to the friends, family and caregivers who provide love and support. I send a special “I love you to my mom who is five years healed! Hallelujah!”

Maurette Brown Clark sings a song entitled It Ain’t over until God Says It’s Over. The lyric that stands out in my mind is “It ain’t over until God says it’s done. It’ ain’t over until God says it’s over, keep fighting until your victory is won!”

Link to song.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xQer9GkTMSw


Keeping Fighting! Keep Praying! Keep Praising!





No comments:

Post a Comment