My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Oct 11, 2010

The Life You Save May Be Your Own

The saying goes, “If you keep kicking a dog, it will eventually bite back.” First of all you don’t EXPECT anyone to kick you but you really don’t expect it from someone that says that they love you. They kick you, hurt you and then hold out their hand and say, “I do love you. I wasn’t thinking. I was angry!” Well if that is your definition of love then I would rather pass.

How about the people that cheat and say, “I’m sorry for (you caught me) cheating honey. I don’t know what came over me BUT I love you. I love you so you are supposed to stay with me no matter what I do. Yes, my love hurts you but you are still supposed to stay with me because I love you.” What kind of love is that? Can we say “MENTAL ABUSE!” Think of the damage done to all involved. Some people think that cheating is okay because they saw their dads do it or their moms do it and they stayed together, so it’s okay if I do it! They say, “At least I’m not hitting her. I‘m not abusing her, I’m just cheating.” So the cheat sin is less than the physical abuse sin, so it’s okay??? I think not!

Abuse in any form or fashion is abuse. Be it verbal, mental or physical it all hurts. Ask the person being wounded and see what they say. From personal experience I can say that although the verbal and mental bruises are not visible, the internal scars are still there and take a long time to heal. That’s just like people with invisible disabilities. People say things like, “You don’t look disabled!” How crass. It doesn’t matter what it looks like on the outside, it’s the damage being done on the inside. No human being should have to live in an abusive situation. You are to remove yourself immediately.

Every situation is different. I am not here to say that a marriage or a relationship cannot be healed. I am not saying that there is no room for forgiveness. Every situation is different and none should be compared with another. There are many relationships that have been rectified through time, healing and counseling. In some instances it takes time apart and in some instances it doesn’t. I am here to say, if you are being abused seek help IMMEDIATELY. IF you fear for your safety, come up with an immediate plan and LEAVE! There are shelters that can help you. It CAN NOT get better without help. Nowhere in the BIBLE does Jesus condone abuse. People say stay and work on your marriage or relationship while you are being battered. RUN I say! Seek man made shelter and shelter in HIM ……the life, the soul; the mind you save may be your own.



Luke 4: 18-19

God's Spirit is on me;

he's chosen me to preach the Message of good news to

the poor, Sent me to announce pardon to prisoners and

recovery of sight to the blind,

To set the burdened and battered free

1 comment: