My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Apr 29, 2010

On a treadmill - Trying to Catch Up

The Treadmill

I know that whoever invented the treadmill felt like it was clever. Yes, it is a device that allows people to walk or run, indoors. It can go fast or slow. It can incline. It can be set for different levels of workout. Some even come with fans installed and openings to hold bottles. Everything is conveniently packaged to achieve the ultimate goal… working out. Think about it though. No matter how fast or slow you walk or run, that treadmill is not going anywhere. It is stationary.

Stressed!

That’s how I felt yesterday. I felt like I was on a treadmill trying to keep up with life. Running at full speed and getting nowhere fast. Nothing major mind you. It was just the ordinary, mundane, day to day things that we all do that had me discombobulated. Hurry, Hurry, Rush Rush, Stress Stress!! We basically know how much we can handle at one time. It’s those times when additional things are tossed in the mix that we tend to be thrown off balance. We are on the treadmill of life and here comes “extra” to mess it all up. We are almost at the goal that we have set for ourselves and here comes a cramp to cause us to slow down, pause or get off.

Pain!

Well people, maybe it was time to get off. Time to change things up a little bit. Time to do some strength building exercises! Our Father knows when we need a change and often times we are so focused on the goal that we have set for ourselves that we aren’t paying HIM any mind. He keeps sending little hints and we keep ignoring them. First there was a twinge in the muscle meaning “OKAY!! THAT’S ENOUGH!!” What do we do? We keep going. Then God finally says, “I am going to MAKE you listen!” BINGO!! CRAMP!! Forced stop and listen! LOL!! Why does HE have to give us some pain to get our attention? HE shouldn’t have to but since we are so doggone human, HE sometimes HAS to MAKE us see it HIS way! Nothing can force us to our knees quicker than pain.

Prayer!

Pain hits and what do we do? Down on our knees, “Lord HELP me please!” What a wonderful Father He is. He comes to our aid when we call. Even when it was our free will that caused the problem, He comes to help us. But notice this, He now has our attention. We need Him. We are depending on Him to save us and we are listening to what He has to say. He can now guide us in the direction that He wants us to go in. When He says go pick up that weight, we do it. We didn’t think we could do it in our own strength, but since He is there, we try. We keep trying and we get stronger. Eventually we are strong enough in that area that He doesn’t have to spot us anymore. We have learned how to handle it!

Relief!

Then we are so proud of our accomplishments that we start to go off on our own again. Do we repeat the cycle because we know He is close by to save us? I don’t know! I only know that I am grateful that He is there to lead and guide me in the right direction. I’ve learned that pain is sometimes necessary to force us to listen and learn. Thank you Father for your gift of love. Thank you for loving me more than I love myself. Thank you for always being there for me regardless as to whether I am thinking of you; and thank you for pulling me off of the treadmill. Now it’s on to getting stronger and Always Pushing Forward!

Jude 1:24-25 Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy,To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment