My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Apr 29, 2010

Life Changers

Have you changed someone’s life today? At first thought you may think not, but in actuality we change the lives of others on a continuous basis. When you smiled at the cashier this morning that may have been what he/she needed to push on. When you let someone in front of you in traffic , that may have helped them get to work on time. What we perceive as minute may indeed be huge in the life of someone else.

I am so incredibly blessed to have life changers in my life. I have the most incredible selfless friends. I know that without a shadow of a doubt, I can call on any of them in the time of need and they will come to my rescue. For example, at a moment’s notice, I can call and say can you grab my girls for me! That might seem small, but when you are in a crunch, that is monumental. One friend in particular is a life saver and she doesn’t even know it. She works full time, is back in college, a devoted mother and wife, and a dynamic anointed vocalist. She is gifted beyond measure but very humble. My girls are very close to her and consider her their other mom. It’s nothing for her to say, I got the girls today. She will swoop in and pick them up and keep them with her. Our girls are the same ages. They have an awesome time together. She doesn’t know how much she means to me and how much I appreciate the life changing affects the little things that she does has on me. I called on her for help just this morning and I want to say Thank you!

There are other Life Changers in the midst. When I don’t feel like pushing, Life Changers come to mind and I am revived. I think about someone that is pushing forward or has pushed forward in a situation that I couldn’t see myself pushing through. I think about my mother who pushed through to be valedictorian of her college class while raising my sister that she had during her sophomore year. Although they were married, my dad was away at A & T University. My mom speaks of studying with my sister in her lap. She is a Life Changer! I think about Dorothy Height that pushed through although after being accepted at Barnard College, they wouldn’t allow her to attend because they’d reached their quota of two African American students. Her life is a legacy. She is a Life Changer! I think of Delois Mitchell, a dear mother to many, who after surviving the removal of a 60 pound tumor, fighting cancer and illnesses, pushed through on Sunday, oxygen in tow to deliver the scripture. She pushed through, standing proud and strong. She is a Life Changer! When I’m down, I look around. If they can push forward so can I. We have the same Father! The Lord strong and mighty!

So the next time you are down, you too should look around you. There are many Life Changers in the midst. Look within yourself! You are one of them and you can make it through. As Always, Pushing Forward!

"Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 5:3

"Poor in spirit" means to be humble. Humility is the realization that all your gifts and blessings come from the grace of God

No comments:

Post a Comment