My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Apr 27, 2009

Obsessed

I have been thinking about this new movie "Obsessed". I haven't been obsessing over it, just thinking about it.

Without spoiling it for any of you who haven't seen it, I simply ponder as to what would drive an individual to fixate in their minds, complete delusion. I am not a therapist, nor have any training in this area. This is my own pondering.

We undoubtedly can't control the delusion person. We can steer clear of them, but it is not up to us to change them. So, let us examine ourselves anew.

Flirting! What exactly is it? I'm glad you asked. Flirting is playful behavior intended to arouse sexual interest!! WOW!! I didn't know that. I just looked it up. LOL...But in retrospect, I guess it is. Is it always innocent? Do we always think of the consequences? It seems that sometimes people are flirtatious by nature. A learned behavior that they never stopped- EVEN after they become committed.

According to an article on Crosswalk, in New York a fine of $25 can be levied for flirting. This old law specifically prohibits men from turning around on any city street and looking "at a woman in that way." A second conviction for a crime of this magnitude calls for the violating male to be forced to wear a "pair of horse-blinders" wherever and whenever he goes outside for a stroll.

So, my question is, "Is it okay to flirt, if you are in a committed relationship? I'm not judging, just asking? Giving you a little something to chew on as they say. Hmmmmmmm

In Isaiah 3:16 -17 & 24 NIV ...The LORD says, "The women of Zion are haughty, walking along with outstretched necks, flirting with their eyes, tripping along with mincing steps, with ornaments jingling on their ankles. Therefore the Lord will bring sores on the heads of the women of Zion; the LORD will make their scalps bald." ..."Instead of fragrance there will be a stench; instead of a sash, a rope; instead of well-dressed hair, baldness; instead of fine clothing, sackcloth; instead of beauty, branding!"

Oh My!!! As we PUSH FORWARD, let us think about the things that we do, whether intentional or not. PUSH FORWARD, boldy, stepping with all the good that is in us!

By the Way: For you fabulous, beautiful bald women that choose to wear your skin with honor.. you Go GIRLS!! For you women that may be bald underneath those wigs and scarves, YOU WEAR IT WELL!! And for you BALD MEN, well....enough said. I'm not going to flirt!

2 comments:

  1. My question is what is flirting? :-). Is being nice and saying hi considered flirting?


    Is there a difference between Flirting and hitting on someone?

    I never could understand the difference

    If that is the case flirting is not ok to do while in a committed relationship.

    TJ Andrews

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the way you say Hi that makes the difference. As long as you make it clear that you are ONLY speaking and not trying to engage in something else, then it's not flirting. In my opinion, sometimes, people skirt the edge. If it feels like flirting, then it's flirting. You can tell when you are being especially nice or if you get that funny feeling,then hmmmmm think about it. (smile)

    ReplyDelete