My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Sep 22, 2010

I don't care what the SIGN says!!

Several years ago, I was travelling with some friends in Pennsylania and we got lost. After a few miles of wandering aimlessly, we finally convinced the MALE driver to pull over and ask for directions. After he’d gotten the directions, we proceeded up the road. As we approached the highway that clearly stated which way we should go, the driver refused to go that way. He said, ‘I don’t care what the SIGN says, the man said bear left!!!!” Well, you guessed it. We were lost again. Years later, whenever I see this gentleman it is a joke that we still laugh about. He still utters, “I don’t care what the SIGN says, the man said……well you know!! LOL


Isn’t that how we do GOD!! We get lost, and FINALLY figure out that we need to ask for directions. Once He puts us on the right road, we get over confident and begin on our merry way! Then HE gives us a SIGN! A CLEAR, OBVIOUS SIGN so that we will know which way to go! What do we do???? We ignore HIM and choose what man says. We chose what the world says and low behold we are lost again and calling on God for new directions. I sure am glad that HE knows just where to find us and HE doesn’t mind helping us when we call. Just like the hymn says, “Ask the Savior to help you, comfort, strengthen, and keep you; He is willing to aid you, He will carry you through!”

I don’t know about you, but I would rather listen to GOD, follow HIS signs and stay on the road heading right! His road is smoother with fewer detours and NO DEAD ENDS!

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment