My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Aug 20, 2010

Father forgive them; for they know not what they do!

Father forgive them: for they know not what they do (Luke 23:34)


Jesus said it. “Father forgive them; for they know not what they do.” I believe it. Yes, I believe that people say and do things and do not realize that they are hurting others. I think people say things without thinking most of the time. I won’t say people, I will say “WE”. Yes we say and do things out of emotion or just mindlessly. How many times has someone come up to you and made an off handed comment and you thought to yourself “I know they just didn’t say that!” (smile) Comments such as “Have you put on weight?, You’ve lost weight..are you sick?”, Girl who did your hair?, Man why’d you grow that mustache?, Is that your car, why’d you buy that one?, etc. etc. etc. I am sure you can think of your own.

What about the rumors? When we hear the words, “I heard and THEY said” we should run! Who is they and heard is hearsay. Social classes teach us that there is always someone that someone else confides in. So if you tell your confidant, “don’t tell anybody” and they tell their confidant, “don’t tell anybody”, how many people eventually will know? Just like the game we used to play as kids, when one person would whisper a word in your ear and it would be passed around. How many times, did the word end up as something else by the end of the line? I’m not saying ALL people can’t be trusted, because that isn’t true. I can speak from personal experience, that fortunately, I have people that I can confide in and KNOW that it won’t go anywhere. That is a true blessing. I ask you this though. How about confiding in Jesus? He knows the answers and HE won’t tell anybody unless HE is sending a message to you through another. In that instance you KNOW it is God because HE is the only one that you have told. (I digress)

Back to forgiveness. Forgive doesn’t mean you have to forget but if God can forgive and forget who am I to think that I am better than HE. He gives us so many chances. Is there someone that you need to forgive today? Forgive them in your heart! Let it go and have a fantabulous Friday!

He will turn again, he will have compassion upon us; he will subdue our iniquities; and thou wilt cast all their sins into the depths of the sea. Micah 7:19


For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.
Heb 8:12

No comments:

Post a Comment