My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jul 12, 2010

Naysayers-Watch Your Mouth

I am of the opinion that some people just don’t’ know what to say. I’ve always been told that if you don’t have anything good to say, then don’t say anything at all. Why do people do that though? Just start speaking without thinking. The word says, “Set a watch O Lord before my mouth; keep the door of my lips, Psalm 141:3. In other words, Lord please watch over what I say. In the book  Spiritual Growth by Don Clowers, it states that sometimes we open our mouths and speak according to what we see thus giving the enemy resultant authority. What we don’t realize is that a great deal of what we see with our natural eye is not what the Lord would intend for us to see. We tend to see things with our own agendas. I won’t call it selfish but sometimes our vision is clouded by what we want versus what the Lord has in store. What about looking at the inner person or the inner beauty. Whatever happened to looking for the God in people versus the enemy . Seek the good versus the bad.


There are some people that don’t want to see others succeed. It may be due to reasons unbeknownst to them. They may not realize that they are tearing others down with their words. The enemy will slip in and steal your dreams if you let him and he will do it through the words of others. Be careful who you listen to. Are they speaking out of love for you or love for themselves? Do they really have your best interest at heart? Some people will always say negative things. They will fill your head with “You CAN’T do it!” or “You CAN’T win!” How will you ever know whether or not you can win if you don’t ever get in the race! I say go for it. Don’t allow others to hold you to a standard that even God doesn’t hold you to. Don’t allow it. God is in you! He is LOVE and HE is pushing you and rooting for you in all that you do. HE doesn’t want you to fail. When you hear some negativity spewing venomously from someone’s mouth, rebuke the enemy and keep pushing forward! You CAN DO IT! I know you can and GOD DOES TOO!

1 comment: