My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Jul 2, 2010

Drawn to Greatness

I just finished reading Bleachers by John Grisham. It's the story of a group of football players, the Spartans, coming home to pay their respects to their football coach. He was a legend in his own right.


A great deal of the book was about the men re-telling the football stories of their time. Each of them could re-live their plays and movements down to the minute. As I read the book, I am often reminded of hearing my brother re-tell football stories or my step-dad re-tell war stories. I am amazed at the detail that they are able to give after all of these years. I notice now how when my brother is watching football, it is as if he is on the field running with the players. When he watches football he is on the field once again.

Why is that? It's because we enjoy successful times. We get pleasure from remembering times where we are motivated and moving forward. Times when we are doing things that we couldn’t conceivably do on our own. Times when someone or something motivated us to stretch beyond ourselves into greatness. It is at these times that we see GOD doing HIS work.

GOD works wondrously when we allow HIM to be God. When we get out of HIS way and allow HIM to move in us. Most of us recognize greatness when we see it but how many people realize that it is God at work. Whenever we see these gifts in motion, we are drawn to them. We are drawn to the gift that God has placed in them. Drawn to HIS greatness.

The next time you see someone with a magnificent gift, look a little closer. Do you see God’s handiwork? How about you? Look within yourself. He’s placed HIS gifts in all of us. HIS greatness! HE is GOD!!

No comments:

Post a Comment