My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Nov 6, 2009

What do you have time for?

The Season is changing. Can you feel it? We are having cooler days than warm ones in the great state of NC. There is crispness in the air. When I was little, my grandmother would tell me that it is now time to put on a t-shirt and that I was to wear it every day until May! (Ecclesiastes 3:1 For everything there is a season, and a time for very purpose under heaven.)

TIME! What is it? It is defined as “nonspatial continuum in which events occur in apparently irreversible succession from the past through the present to the future.” That’s a mouth full. Whatever it is, there just doesn’t seem to be enough of it. I read somewhere that only man could think that if we cut the top of the blanket off and sewed it to the bottom, that the blanket would now be longer. So as it goes with time. Day light savings time. Let’ just change the hours and now we have more time. Time for whom? Time for what! Why do we need more time?

A friend of mine prides himself in announcing exactly how many minutes it takes to get places. When riding he will say, we can get there in 8.5 minutes. That was before the GPS system tracked it for you. Telling you that you will get there at an exact time and exactly how many miles it will take.

We are forgetting who is in control. What about the car accident ahead
of you that delayed you. Now you are late but are you? Did the delay save you from another accident? The stories of people who were late to work on 9/11 astounded me. So many people spoke of how they were delayed and were upset because they didn’t get to work on time so they were not in the towers. Were they late? I think not. They were on time for it was not their time to die. As a result of that, I have been trying to take a new approach to time. I am learning not to get upset if I am delayed in traffic or if I don’t leave the house at the time that I wanted to. Some people say if you are supposed to be in a meeting at 3 pm, then you are late if you arrive at 3pm. In order to be on time, you have to be there before 3. Based on whose idea of time?

God is the only one in control of time. He knows how much time we have left here on earth. Isn’t that what we are really measuring? How much time we have here? Once we get to Heaven, time won’t matter. It will be an eternity. We won’t be rushing to get somewhere or speeding to save time.

Since our time is spent or exhausted here on earth, let’s use it for the good while we are here. Don’t use it for backbiting and tearing each other down. Let’s LOVE! Spend time loving one another, encouraging, motivating, mentoring, caring and serving. Let’s worship, praise and adore our God! I’m counting on you! Let’s push forward in LOVE!

John 13:34 “A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.”

No comments:

Post a Comment