My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Nov 25, 2009

THE Call! The WHY? The THANKS!

As the saying goes, when it rains, it pours and it did and it does and that's the truth!


My aunt passed away suddenly! No warning! No notice! She simply sat down and took her last breath!

The Call!

No one wants to get the call! The call that a loved one is gone. It's as if your world stops while everything else is moving around you. You take a deep breath! There is always that delay between hearing the news and your brain actually processing it into understanding, then you exhale. Everyone handles it differently. Some weep, some get angry, some shut down. BUT, it is something that we all will eventually have to deal with if we keep on living. It is nothing that we can really prepare for. Even if we have been told it is coming, we aren't ready. No one wants to say GOODBYE! My daughter has started telling me not to say goodbye to her this week. She told me to say, see you later instead. I have begun to honor her wishes.

The Why's and BUT's!

Then we begin to search for understanding. We want to know the details. Why? When? What happened? How did it happen? The details force us to think. They bring some relief in knowing. The details make it real. Maybe something could have been done differently? If I know the details, next time, maybe I will notice the signs! We want to know! We need to know.We begin to question ourselves. Did I miss something? Then there are the things we meant to say! " BUT.. I meant to tell her....! I meant to say....! " All and all, the answer is still the same. She is gone!


The Answer!

Yes, she is gone! My aunt is gone! She has gone HOME!

I am reminded that we are only here temporarily! Those of us that are left are the ones that have to continue to deal with the rain and the storms. My aunt told my mother the day before she passed that she was tired. She didn't say tired of living but tired of other things. God hears our prayers. He is the one in control and decides when we have had enough. He decides when it's our time to stop running and cross that finish line in victory! So the answer is YES she is gone but she is free!! As my daughter says, she gets to have Thanksgiving with Jesus.

Thanks!!

As we approach Thanksgiving, I dare you to try and name ALL of the things that you are thankful for? 1. We woke up! 2. We opened our eyes 3. etc etc! It's not possible is it? Even if we had 10,000 tongues right!! The holidays are hard for many! So many are joyous while so many are sad. BUT I truly believe that if we start writing down what we are thankful for and our blessings, they will out weigh the bad. EVEN in the midst of mourning and hearing of the sickness and sadness that others are facing, I know that OUR GOD's blessing will prevail! We are all winners!

SO, I pause to say Thank you GOD! Thank youl for the time that I had with my aunt Betty! Thank you for the time that I have with my mother! Thank you for the time that I have with my Family and friends. Thank you for my life and my purpose! AND thank you God for my relationship with YOU! YOU are so incredibly awesome & I'm forever thankful!

Revelation 19:9 ...... 'Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!' "

No comments:

Post a Comment