My photo
Welcome to my blog! I am a born again worshiper! My life is dedicated to God, Family, Friends, Music Ministry and spreading words of encouragement!!
In all things...ALWAYS PUSH FORWARD!

Phil 3:14 "With my eyes fixed on the goal I will PUSH on to secure the prize of God's heavenward call in Christ Jesus -"

Dec 30, 2011

Falling does not mean Failure

It's not IF you lose your footing, but when. We all do it at varying degrees eventually. Some fall harder than others; therefore everyone doesn't recover the same. Just as with any injury, our bodies heal differently. It takes some longer than others. Some have to crawl before standing. It is not our place to judge the why. It's our job to help each other up. More importantly, it's what you do after the fall that matters most.

Once you've fallen, realize that you are not alone and ask for assistance if needed. You might be thinking that it's too hard. Whenever I fall, I think about Jesus carrying the cross. He was weighed down by the cross beam, stumbled and Simon of Cyrene helped Him by carrying the cross.  Jesus saved us from ourselves by getting up and going to the cross AND by getting up on that third day. Nothing could keep Him down. He didn't have to but He chose to. We have freewill/choices too. We have to choose to get up after we fall.

As you reflect on 2011, maybe there were some things that you wish you'd have done differently. Maybe there were some choices that you made that caused you to fall. Falling does not mean failure. It means forgiving yourself and others and Pushing Forward.

HAPPY NEW YEAR AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.

2 comments:

  1. Was trying to catch up on some the blogs I follow and this seems so appropriate during an Olympic year!! I"m going to share it on Twitter!! Hope you are doing well and get back to writing soon! I took a 2 1/2 year sabattical because of an illness. God is so good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the comment an the push! Glad you are back to blogging. I need to get back as well. I started posting daily affirmations at alwayspushforward on face book because the blogs were inspired by the affirmations. I needed this push today. Bless you! Gigi

    ReplyDelete